Adaface replaces traditional pre-employment tests with candidate-friendly conversational assessments that focus on testing for on-the-job skills and have higher completion rates. Below is our recent interview with Deepti Chopra, Co-founder of Adaface:
Q: Can you tell us something more about Adaface?
A: We believe that traditional assessment platforms are not a fair way for companies to evaluate candidates because they do not test for relevant skills. We started Adaface to help companies find great candidates by assessing on-the-job skills required for a role.
Adaface skills assessments are conducted by a conversational bot, Ada. Candidates love conversational assessments because they are fast, intuitive and feel like an interview rather than a test. So instead of forcing candidates to go through a traditional assessment, the idea is to use friendly messaging and intelligent chatbots to engage candidates and screen them for a given role.
Q: Can you explain the benefits of using Adaface PairPro?
A: Our main offering is the skills assessment platform. However, some of our customers were looking for a pair programming tool to conduct remote engineering interviews- we created PairPro to serve that need. Adaface PairPro enables hiring managers to evaluate problem solving, coding and communication skills of developers with real-time pair programming interviews.
Some of the core features are:
- The integrated, collaborative code editor code comes with syntax highlighting and code execution for 30 popular programming languages.
- You can choose from our library of popular interview questions or build your own library.
- You can score candidates, use interviewer notes and share feedback with other hiring managers to make a hire/ no-hire decision.
Q: Who would be your ideal user and why?
A: We’re seeing the highest interest from the IT sector, especially from consulting, staffing and professional services firms. Some of our custom assessments like the Java Online Test and SQL Online Test have gotten quite popular with top global banks and companies.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your features?
A: We have all the advanced features any mature skills assessment platform should have, like support for 40+ programming languages and versions, advanced cheating prevention and detection features, automated code evaluation and the likes.
The features that we are most proud of however, are the ones that focus on the candidate experience:
1. Conversational bot: The assessment is conducted by a conversational bot, that is friendly and serves as an assistant for the candidate to complete the assessment. This includes motivating them with encouraging language and giving hints when they get stuck.
2. No trick questions: At Adaface, we don’t believe in asking trick questions just for the sake of filtering out candidates. Our questions are designed by our subject matter experts to be short and easy to understand so that candidates get to invest time in solving the challenges.
3. Clarifying doubts: Our bot creates an engaging experience similar to in-person interviews. For e.g. if a candidate has any questions about the coding challenges, they can ask our bot and get them answered.
Q: Tell us something about your pricing?
A: We work on a credits based system. Effectively, we charge on a per candidate basis, so we are affordable for companies of all sizes. Since we are a completely self-serve SaaS solution, our pricing is available on the website.
Q: What do you see as your advantage? Why are your products better than other similar products?
A: We see our focus on the candidate experience as our biggest major advantage.
Here’s how Adaface is different from traditional assessment solutions:
1. Our customers see a stronger correlation between assessment performance and on-the-job performance. Our subject matter experts design questions to test for on-the-job skills – not textbook-based theoretical knowledge.
2. Our customers see a test taking rate of 86% compared to an industry standard of around 50%. Ada provides for a friendly candidate experience by answering questions they have about the company, giving hints when they’re stuck, and using encouraging language.
3. Adaface offers customized assessments for multiple technologies, skills and levels. We cover over 700 skills within IT (software engineering, data science, devops, analytics, cybersecurity etc.) and non-tech roles (aptitude, accounting, business analysis, Excel etc.)