Below is our recent interview with Alexandra Saavedra, Marketing & Communications at Achronix Semiconductor Corporation:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: Achronix Semiconductor Corporation is a fabless semiconductor corporation based in Santa Clara, California, offering high-performance FPGA solutions. Achronix is the only supplier to have both high-performance and high-density standalone FPGAs and embedded FPGA (eFPGA) IP solutions in high-volume production. Achronix FPGA and eFPGA IP offerings are further enhanced by ready-to-use PCIe accelerator cards targeting AI, ML, networking, and data center applications. All Achronix products are supported by best-in-class EDA software tools.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: We recently announced that Fraunhofer IIS/EAS selected Achronix embedded FPGAs (eFPGAs) to build its heterogeneous chiplet demonstrator to validate the performance of next-generation chip-to-chip interconnect technology.
The Fraunhofer Institute provides system concepts, design services, and fast prototyping in the most advanced packaging technologies and will make use of Speedcore™ eFPGA IP from Achronix in its next project.
The multi-chip system solution will be composed of several chiplets that will be used to explore chip-to-chip transaction layer interconnects such as Bunch of Wires (BoW) and Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe).
One key application that will be covered in this project is the connection of high-speed ADCs together with Achronix® eFPGA IP for preprocessing in radars as well as wireless and optical communication.
The result of this project will be to create a demonstration platform suitable for applications such as 5G/6G wireless infrastructure, ADAS, and high-performance test and measurement equipment.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Achronix is a fabless semiconductor company that produces high-performance standalone FPGAs and eFPGA IP that can be embedded into your custom ASIC or SoC for the acceleration of AI, ML, networking, data center, automotive, wireless, and industrial applications. Our product offerings include:
- Speedster®7t FPGAs: High-performance FPGAs with a 2D network on chip, delivering ASIC-level performance with the full programmability of FPGAs.
- Speedcore™ eFPGA IP: High-performance fully custom eFPGA IP cores designed to bring the flexibility of programmable logic to ASICs and SoCs.
- VectorPath® Accelerator Cards: PCIe Gen5x16 accelerator cards, powered by Speedster7t FPGAs, for rapid prototyping and production, offering 400G and 200G Ethernet interfaces and 3.5 Tbps of GDDR6 memory bandwidth.
- Achronix Tool Suite: Complete EDA tools to design and program Achronix FPGA and eFPGA IP solutions.
Q: What can we expect from your company in the next 6 months?
A: Over the next 6 months, Achronix will continue to strengthen our position as a leader in the high-performance FPGA and eFPGA markets:
- Expect to see numerous announcements from Achronix in the next 6 months as our solutions continue to drive the most demanding data acceleration requirements for our customers.
- Expansion of our FPGA and eFPGA IP portfolio of products.
- Advances in SmartNIC deployment and network application acceleration solutions and frameworks.
- Industry-leading automatic speech recognition solutions which outperform CPU and GPU-based technology.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: We are the leading eFPGA IP core provider with over 15 million cores shipped into production applications.