* – This article has been archived and is no longer updated by our editorial team –
The Epson TM-C3500 label printer (also known as ColorWorks C3500) is an industrial color label printer commonly used to print product labels, food labels, ingredient labels, carton box labels, event tickets, wristbands, name and ID badges, retail tags, inventory tags, barcodes, GHS labels, and more. Flexibility and durability are the names of the game with this affordable and versatile color label printer.
Epson TM-C3500 Color Label Printer Overview
The Epson TM-C3500 label printer is a pigment-based (using Epson DURABrite® Ultra inks) and MicroPiezo inkjet print head technology that uses four individual ink cartridges (CMYK) to print durable full color labels. The ColorWorks C3500 prints at speeds up to 4 inches per second and can handle label widths from 1.2 to 4.1 inches. Its rear feed capability allows for both fanfold labels and label rolls. The maximum print resolution is 720 dpi.
When paired with compatible GHS label media, the Epson TM-C3500 label printer prints BS5609-certified labels that are certified to withstand the harshest environmental conditions such as long-term immersion in seawater.
Check out all of the specifications at Epson.com.
Who Should Buy the Epson TM-C3500?
Epson TM-C3500 label printers are great for high mix, low volume applications, making them perfect for small businesses that need to print a variety of label and tags types, but not necessarily in high volumes. With its ability to quickly print durable, smudge-free color labels on demand and on a variety of media, the Epson TM-C3500 label printer is a popular choice for business, warehousing, retailing, manufacturing, shipping, and special event applications.
Many businesses today are using direct thermal and thermal transfer printers, which can only print black and white labels in 200dpi to 300 dpi in most cases. Many of these businesses also want to add color to their labels; they will find the Epson TM-C3500 a great printer since they can print full color labels plus improve their print quality to 720 dpi. With the TM-C3500 they are now able to add color to their labels and even color code their labels, making inventory management and identification in warehouse simpler.
Epson TM-C3500 Strengths
The TM-C3500 excels at printing smudge-free, instantly dried color labels, tags, barcodes, tickets, name badges and wristbands on demand. It is a versatile, compact unit that allows for a variety of labeling applications — including printing GHS BS5609 labels. It also prints these labels quickly at 4 inches per second.
• Industrial grade cutter included – The Epson TM-C3500 can print two types of labels: either pre-die cut labels with rounded corners on a roll or continuous label rolls. When using continuous label rolls, you can use the cutter to cut the desired label length. So, if you use the 4” x 100 feet continuous roll, you can print 4×1, 4×2, 4×6, or 4×12 labels, as required for your business. The only difference between the die cut and the continuous roll labels is that they will have square corners. The die cut labels have rounded corners. Plus, if you wanted to use a label applicator to apply your labels, then you would need to use pre-die cut labels so that they can be rewinded onto rolls once printed. Many industrial customers like the flexibility of the cutter so that the desired label can be cut in house.
• Small size – 12.2″ x 11.1″ x 10.3″ (W x D x H) – The Epson TM-C3500 has the smallest form factor for an industrial-based color label printer. There is no other printer as small and versatile in size, enabling you to fit it anywhere. Plus, all the inks and supplies are changed from the front; therefore, you can place it into a cabinet.
• Spare In the Air warranty (SITA) Option – When you add the optional Spare In the Air warranty option with your Epson TM-C3500, you get a replacement printer within 2 business days. The Spare In the Air warranty upgrade can be purchased for up to 4 years. If you have any issues during the warranty period and Epson cannot resolve the issue over the phone, they will send you a replacement printer via FedEx for next day delivery at their cost. Thanks to this, you do not need to buy back-up printers. Just add the Spare In Air Warranty with your TM-C3500 printer purchase.
Epson TM-C3500 Weaknesses
With its max resolution of 720 dpi, the Epson TM-C3500 label printer is not as well suited for printing product labels as some of the other color label printers in this price range. Its pigment inks are less vivid than the dye inks used by “prime” label printers. That said, the TM-C3500 is not intended to be a prime product label. Its intended usage is as an industrial printer where high print resolutions are less important. For industrial applications, the Epson TM-C3500 label printer it shines.
Another potential downside is that the Epson TM-C3500 label printer can only print labels up to 4.1 inches wide.
Always get printed samples with your designs so that you can see the print quality with any printer you are considering. That is the only way you will know for sure if this printer will meet your needs.
Epson TM-C3500 Costs
The Epson TM-C3500 label printer currently retails for $1850 USD. Its ongoing costs include blank labels and replacement ink cartridges and a maintenance box which collects wasted ink. A variety of labels, tags, name badges, wristbands, and other media are available for the Epson TM-C3500 label printer. As far as ink costs go, the TM-C3500 uses individual cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ink cartridges to conserve ink and keep ink costs lower than single cartridge systems. The Epson TM-C3500, like all Epson ColorWorks label printers, has a very low ink cost per label. Plus, there’s no print head replacement cost.
Benefits of Adding an Epson TM-C3500 Label Printer to Your Business Environment
The Epson TM-C3500 label printer provides numerous benefits including:
• Durable pigment-based color label printing using MicroPiezo technology
• Banding reduction mode
• Flexible label printing applications
• The ability to print labels ranging from 1.2 to 4.1 inches wide
• Attractive 720dpi color industrial labels, tags, and barcodes
• 4-cartridge system (dedicated black, cyan, magenta, and yellow ink cartridges)
• Use fanfold or large label rolls
• Built-in cutter to cut labels, when using continuous label rolls
• Windows drivers included
• USB and Ethernet interfaces
• Print on blank pre-die cut labels or tags or continuous label rolls
Where to Buy the Epson TM-C3500 Color Label Printer
DuraFast Label Company sells the Epson TM-C3500 label printers, blank TM-C3500 labels, TM-C3500 ink cartridges , supplies, and accessories to customers across USA and Canada. As an Epson Platinum reseller, DuraFast Label Company is a knowledgeable resource for all of your Epson needs.
Currently, DuraFast Label Company is offering the TM-C3500 for $1850 USD plus $200 worth of free labels when you purchase the Epson TM-C3500 directly from DuraFastLabel.com and use discount code “C3500.” This is a fantastic value offered exclusively from DuraFast Label Company. For a limited time, you could get even more free labels ($100 worth) for the Epson TM-C3500 label printer after the purchase if you also submit an Epson TM-C3500 label printer review when Verified Reviews, a third party review site, emails requesting your opinion.