Here is our recent interview with Marco Bellin, Founder and CEO at Datacappy:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: Datacappy is the only company in the digital privacy arena that provides a VPN coupled with a private browser. It’s the ultimate combination of security tools for staying encrypted and anonymous. Your online searches, clicks, and purchases are your business and do not belong to unaccountable corporations profiting off your data profile. Datacappy’s mission is to help you preserve your privacy, use the internet securely, and keep your information under your control. Your data belongs to you and ONLY you, and we believe our VPN and private browser offer the best defense.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Big Tech knows that your data—your clicks, your online shopping choices, your browsing history, is the most valuable material. They want it and once they get it, they use it in ways we are only beginning to understand. Datacappy is not Big Tech. We are independent developers worried about the sudden loss of online privacy. Digital insecurity and what’s been called “Surveillance Capitalism” are serious problems for our kids, ourselves, and for you. Datacappy offers access to the internet on your terms. Our VPN and browser are safe, simple to install and use, and reliable. Paired together, they provide an effective defense and keep your data secure. Your information is yours, and your family’s privacy is worth defending. We can help.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Datacappy is the only company that genuinely cares about safe browsing. We offer a suite of privacy options for families wanting to start protecting their privacy today through Seekadoo and Privacy Parent. We are committed to educating parents on how to keep their kids safe online with our Privacy Parent site as a trusted resource to inform and empower them, and provide the safest search engine for kids through Seekadoo. Seekadoo does not serve ads in search results or web pages. For added peace of mind, our team has carefully curated every website in our database for your kiddos. We want everyone to feel safe going about their daily lives without the worry of unknowingly sharing their private information. Coming soon is a private, encrypted messaging app; DataChatty!
Q: Any tips on how consumers can protect themselves?
A: Aside from the smartphone, the most prolific tracking device ever created, almost everything we interact with will eventually have some tracking component. For example, wearables like the Apple Watch are another tracking tool with tremendous privacy implications. While these items have become ubiquitous, it is essential to think about the data privacy issues that come with using them and recognize the actions you can take to engage with them in the safest way possible.
Here are some tips to stay safe:
- Protect your phone number – think twice before giving it out
- Keeping your social media accounts private
- Turn-off location services
- Use a solid password manager service
- Impose limits on the data apps pull from your account by adjusting your settings. For example, to keep advertisers from accessing your location data and targeting you with hyper-precise ads, you can request the app never track your location or the other apps and websites you access on that device
- Use private browsing to remove persistent cookies and trackers
- Use a VPN and better yet, utilize the only VPN that has an integrated private browser: Datacappy. Utilize the VPN to avoid sharing geolocation details while using apps and web browsers. The VPN will send your web traffic through an encrypted tunnel to a server controlled by the VPN company. From there, it exits onto the web as normal
- Your kids are sponges. If you model good digital behavior, they’ll mimic you and do the same
“In celebration of Mother’s Day, Datacappy is sharing a special discount on their VPN service! Beginning April 26th through May 15th, the brand is offering 50% off the first six months of a Premium subscription with the code Moms.”