Below is our recent interview with Chris Brookins, Co-Founder at RociFi:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: RociFi is a multi-chain DeFi protocol for zero and under-collateralized lending, enabling a Web 3.0 credit economy. To push DeFi further mainstream, RociFi allows decentralized credit markets to access a wider audience by creating decentralized non-fungible credit scores for borrowers, tied to borrowers’ wallets. By doing this, RociFi will facilitate the ability to issue under-collateralized loans, the secondary trading market of debt tokens, and ensure loanable funds are available for individual and corporate lenders and borrowers.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: We are very proud to have notable participation in our seed round from some of the best names in VC – Arrington, Goldentree, Nexo, LD Capital and Skynet Trading. It is very gratifying and affirming to have their support in the growth of Roci.Fi.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: RociFi aims to “credit the credit economy” through a new DeFi protocol layer within the context of blockchain being permissionless. With the goal of providing lending for Web 3.0, RociFi is building a credit solution for the future that ultimately eliminates the dependency on traditional finance structures.
- RociFi utilizes decentralized identity, where individuals can manage their own personal identification information, to streamline and secure lending in DeFi through its fraud detection and non-fungible credit score technology.
- RociFi’s new primitive facilitates zero collateral lending with security and simplicity, all while maintaining the true ethos of anonymity and permissionless nature of the blockchain.
- RociFi enables an entire credit economy and credit engine through the ability to issue loans, creating a full-functioning Web3 DeFi bank.
- RociFi builds and improves on existing architecture by facilitating the secondary trading of debt tokens issued regardless of the liquidity need, creating a liquid secondary market or Web 3 bond market.
- RociFi is the only lending protocol in DeFi that solely uses on-chain data.
Q: What can we expect from your company in the next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: Our next major milestone is launching the RociFi product into mainnet – in other words, leaving the “testing phase” and making the product fully available. We’ll be utilizing a phased approach to grow our number of unique loans outstanding and TVL (total value locked) to mitigate risk. Our priority is to do this right from the start and prove the concept of our mission. We are also looking for partnerships with both trusted decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) and traditional finance (TradFi) to integrate and build on top of the RociFi platform.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Not only are we creating a platform for lending in decentralized finance, we are setting the foundation for digital identity so that DeFi users across all platforms can establish that they are good actors and can be trusted for mutually beneficial on-chain transactions.