Below is our recent interview with Dusan Babich, CEO & Co-Founder of Device Magic:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: Device Magic is a smart mobile forms and business data collection solution used by thousands of organizations worldwide. Device Magic’s integrated platform enables professional teams to create customized digital forms and automated workflows to seamlessly collect and distribute data from anywhere, any device – even offline.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: We recently released an all-new web forms app. The enhanced app mirrors our mobile forms application interface and provides users with the ability to complete and submit forms from their desktop computers, laptops or any web-based device. Device Magic’s web forms app was designed to facilitate workflow flexibility and process efficiencies among today’s hybrid workforce, specifically mobile- and web-based workers. Now, data collection can be done in the field using the mobile forms app on an Android or iOS-supported device or be completed at home or the office by accessing the web forms app through a web browser. Our web forms app is now available to all Device Magic users.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Device Magic goes beyond your basic mobile forms app. We offer integrated solutions to accommodate the growing data collection demands across a variety of industries. But getting down to the nuts and bolts: we make data collection easier, faster and more accurate.
Here’s how our platform works in three easy steps:
1. Build customized digital forms using our low-code app builder. Easily recreate your existing forms or build new ones from scratch.
2. Access your newly created forms in the mobile or web forms apps, and start submitting forms in the field, at home or in the office – basically anytime, anywhere.
3. Distribute data to the right people, at the right time. Once a form is submitted, it can be delivered in any combination of formats you want – and to any number of destinations.
We offer three different plan levels – free, professional and enterprise. We also offer additional services, such as well as white labeling, franchise solutions and a partner program, so our customers can choose a solution that best suits their professional needs.
Q: What can we expect from your company in the next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: Another exciting new product release is our driver’s license scan function. This feature allows you to capture multiple, individual pieces of ID data when you scan the barcode on the back of a license. You can then build in conditional logic to trigger real time actions based on the captured data. For example, if the scanned license is expired, you can set up an automated notification for user license renewal. The feature works on any state- or providence-issued ID in the United States or Canada. This includes driver’s licenses, personal identification cards and commercial driver’s licenses (CDLs).
In the coming months, we’re also rolling out a comprehensive mobile forms library. This will be a library of pre-built, digital form templates that our users can access, use and/or customize at any time. Form templates will cover the gamut – everything from heavy equipment inspection checklists to maintenance work orders to timesheets.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: There are a lot of mobile data collection tools on the market today. Our customers choose Device Magic because of the value and differentiating features we offer. Some of these include:
• Robust integrations – Device Magic has an API and several pre-built integrations, as well as the ability to sync existing databases via SQL. Users can integrate data submissions directly into their existing systems or pull live data from their systems into form fields.
• Offline capabilities – Whether you’re on a construction site or inspecting a remote power plant, Device Magic allows you to keep working and collecting data anywhere with offline forms. Our users can complete forms and reports on tablets and smartphones, even without internet connectivity.
• Custom templates & reports – Our users can create and upload their own custom PDF, Word and Excel templates so that the form submissions and reports retain the look, format and/or branding they need.
• White labeling services – You can customize the Device Magic app with your own branding. Create your own app in the App Store and Google Play.
• Support services – We offer a variety of free support and technical services. We’ll build your first form for free – this is a popular option for our 14-day trial participants who are trying to get a feel for our platform and use case opportunities. (Our 14-day trial is also free!) We also offer free onboarding assistance to help you quickly implement our solutions. Additionally, you can access helpful resources through the Help Center on our website and reach our support team 24/7 through our in-app chat function.