* – This article has been archived and is no longer updated by our editorial team –
Below is our recent interview with Eve Mendelovitch, Director of Operations at LinkNow Media:
Q: What is the story behind LinkNow Media, how did you start?
A: Wesley Mendelovitch and Sonny Bettan previously owned and operated a business that dealt with Student Loan Consolidation. However, as the government stepped in with regulations, they prevented small companies from offering those services; causing Wesley and Sonny to close their doors.
While brainstorming new ventures, they looked back at how long and expensive it was to build their website. They realized that providing total website and marketing solutions to SMB’s was where they should focus their next business.
With a handful of their most trusted employees combined with long hours, hard work and dedication, LinkNow Media was formed.
Q: Can you give us insights into your website packages?
A: Our goal is to ensure that getting online is as easy as possible for our clients. We currently serve over 60 verticals, such as plumbers, electricians, and HVAC specialists.
We designed our first package with the idea to provide our clients with a website solution that was “Ready to Go”. This package includes a photo gallery, 3 stock images, template content relevant to your industry, structured for search engines and engaging to the reader; all of which is modifiable when utilizing their Members Area.
We didn’t stop there, our “Everything You Need” is now our most popular package. It allows clients to make more modifications, thus making it a more personalized site. Including things, such as Logo Integration, 25 photo gallery, PayPal Payment Invoice Integration, Blog and Testimonial plug-ins.
Our “All You Want” is a steal! It comes with all the bells and whistles: 25 Photo Gallery, Logo Integration, Video Integration, template content, 3 pages of Custom Content, PayPal Payment Invoice Integration, Blog, Testimonial plug-in and SSL Certificate.
We also have many add-ons that provide an “À la Carte” feel. You can purchase our base “Ready to Go” package and add-on as you see fit within whatever budget you have!
Q: Aside from web design, what other services do you provide to your clients?
A: If you have a beautiful website but nobody can find it, what’s the value in that? We are proud to say that we are at par with some of the biggest SEO providers out there. Eve Mendelovitch (Director of Operations) along with Andrew Mendel (Marketing Director) have developed relationships with some of the most respectful leaders in the industry; attending many conferences and keeping their ears to the ground.
When asked how they do it, Eve said “We are proactive, we do not wait till an algorithm change is deployed. The minute we hear that something is brewing, Andrew and I huddle together and come up with a plan”. Andrew adds “With the use of our analytics, and the ability to compare hundreds of clients within the same vertical, has made it easier to spot what changes we need to deploy to prevent algorithm changes from harming our clients”.
Eve and Andrew have worked hard over the years to come up with numerous marketing plans for every budget and need. “If your client base is local then our ’Find Me Local’ was created just for you. We do an in-depth analysis of your online footprint and work to clean up or expand it, depending on your needs” says Eve. “If your client base goes beyond a local radius then our ‘Traffic Solutions’ were built for you. These packages include backlinks which will give you the boost you’re looking for — combine them with our landing pages and you’re set for success”.
Q: What makes LinkNow Media different than the rest?
A: A few things off the top of my head are:
– The people – we have such an amazing, unique and dynamic group of people. With over 160 employees all from different backgrounds, and parts of the world, we each bring a set of qualities and experience to the table.
– We don’t outsource anything. We learned early on, to make sure our company was being represented properly, that we had to closely monitor messages clients received, not to mention the quality of the service – everything needed to be done under one roof.
– We don’t hold our clients to a contract; they stay with us because they want to. We are close to hitting our 10,000 active client milestone and we are just getting started!
– Our CEO, Wesley Mendelovitch, knows every single employee. He treats us all as co-workers, values our opinions and allows each of us to have a voice. He is extremely generous with his time and always gives back. Whether it’s by throwing parties for everyone in the office or by putting together fundraisers to support local non-profits — he is always thinking of others.
Q: How is online marketing different today than it was just a few years ago?
A: Over the years, Google has made significant changes to how SEO works. Here is a list of a few:
1. Hummingbird September 2013 – This was a major change in the way that Google search technology worked. Google wanted to modify the way it was interpreting things to make sure that they were populating the most relevant results; especially in the wake of the growing voice search.
2. Penguin 2.0 October 2013 – Google took a stance against “Black Hat” link building. They wanted to reduce the effectiveness of what they considered to be spamming techniques and started to place great focus on rewarding websites with natural, authoritative and most importantly relevant links.
3. Panda 4.0 May 2014 – If your content was low-quality i.e. using too much fluff, keyword stuffing etc. your site would have been impacted.
4. Pigeon July 2014 – Google focused on ‘Local Search’- giving small to medium sized businesses an opportunity to have local visibility. Mom-and-pop shops, with the update, were given equal opportunity.
5. Mobilegeddon April 2015 – This was Google’s way of improving user experience. More people are using tablets and/or smartphones for searches. Prior to responsive designs, navigating websites on a smartphone was a pain. It consisted of zooming, clicking over and over to navigate sites. So, when this rolled out, if your site was not mobile friendly you started to move down in the searches.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
A: We are rolling out new marketing packages that reflect all the hours of research and testing we’ve been doing over the last 12 months. We want to continue to learn, test and implement. With the search world constantly evolving we want to make sure that we do the same.
We are also very focused on client experience and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We are very aware that without them we wouldn’t be where we are today.
We are just getting started; it all began with just 3 people and one dream. Our fundamental goals are still the same – allowing, small to medium sized businesses, the opportunity to be found and grow without breaking the bank.