Below is our recent interview with Peter Desmyttere, CEO & Co-Founder of Husky Marketing Planner:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to Husky Marketing Planner?
A: Husky is a user-friendly software to centralize all of your data for marketing planning into one digital tool, visible to all marketing team members.
Q: Can you give us insights into your features?
A: Our software is built around six features:
– Projects, which form the backbone of a marketing plan. Examples of projects are the website, an event or the opening of a new physical store. In Husky, it’s easy to copy or archive projects, and to enrich them with several tasks, budgets and results.
– Communication. In our tool it’s easy to add different communication channels and moments to your calendar. You can add different statuses and tags to this communication moments, which makes it simple to filter your communication calendar.
– Tasks. To make sure that every marketers knows what to do, when to do it, Husky includes a task list per person and per project. These tasks are assigned to different owners and added to the communication planning.
– Budget. Every project has its own budget. Moreover, you can add invoices of different suppliers to closely monitor all costs. In Husky, you can always keep an overview on your total marketing budget, the budget per project, the estimated costs and invoices per project.
– Results. At Husky we love hitting KPIs. That’s why we added a great feature to keep track of all important results, which are again grouped into the same projects as before.
– Notes. We do not only want to get rid of Excel. Adding notes is a way to replace empty Word documents with meeting reports, inspiration and communication copywriting.
– Strategy. Every marketer wants to know where you’re going. That’s why we added a feature to determine a strategy per project, which is always up-to-date and integrated with a clear task list.
Q: Why is using marketing planner a good idea?
A: Using a marketing planner is a great idea. Marketers tend to spend more time organising their marketing planning than planning itself! Marketing has expanded to multiple channels: online and offline ads, but also social media, events. This has made it extremely difficult for marketers to maintain structure. That’s what we’re trying to change.
Q: Why is Husky different from other project management tools?
A: Specialisation and being easy-to-use is our USP. Our tool made for marketers, by marketers. A project management tool has never been designed from the perspective of a marketer. Husky is developed from the point-of-view of marketing consultants with decades of experience.
Q: What’s the cost of marketing planning software?
A: Our tool offers a free 30-day trial. After that, your data is stored and you have to possibility to take a subscription at €39 per month (billed annually).
Q: What can we expect from Husky Marketing Planner in the future?
A: Our goal is quite clear. We want to scale up in Europe and revolutionise marketing planning. On the long term we want to become the market leader in our niche.