Harbr was founded to solve the pervasive challenges around driving outcomes from data in the enterprise. Below is our recent interview with Anthony Cosgrove, Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Harbr:
Q: For those who have never heard of it, how would you describe Harbr?
A: We built the Harbr enterprise data exchange platform to make it easy to find, use, collaborate, manage, and if desired, to monetize data.
It converts data into self-service products for secure sharing and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborators can customize or blend data, then publish new data products to extend the cycle of value creation.
Q: What are your key features?
A: At the heart of how an enterprise data exchange creates value is its focus on managing data as a product. This allows a number of unique capabilities, including:
- Self-service consumption: Data products are shared via an intuitive data exchange interface where users can find, understand and consume data independently.
- Distributed data ownership: Data products are managed by domain experts who understand the data and control how it is used and by whom.
- Secure access and collaboration: Data products are managed by properties and entitlements that govern access, collaboration, ability to export and more.
- Automated data pipelines: Subscribers to data products can establish automated data pipelines to keep data in sync with the latest changes automatically.
- Ecosystem optimized: Data products can be easily and securely shared with stakeholders across the extended enterprise of partners, customers, suppliers and distributors.
Q: You’ve recently raised $38,500,000 in Series A funding; can you tell us something more?
A: Harbr’s immediate focus is to scale to keep up with the significant demand we’re experiencing. That includes building our capacity to onboard and drive success for enterprise customers, continuing to develop the platform to support new requirements, and ramping our sales and marketing teams.
As a well-funded, early stage software company, Harbr expects to deliver triple digit growth for the next several years. We see (as do our investors) a multi-billion dollar opportunity for data exchanges within the enterprise and further opportunity in the public sector.
Q: How private and secure are your users’ information?
A: With data being among the most sensitive corporate assets, privacy and security are paramount for a data exchange platform. It’s among the reasons we’ve designed the platform with a Secure SaaS architecture, in which our customers’ data remains safely in their cloud environment (unless authorized for user export) and its access and use are governed by the Harbr software residing in our cloud instance.
Within the platform, data access and use are governed by a sophisticated, multi-layer entitlements engine that sets permissions at the group, individual and product levels.
Recommended: Social Video Platform For Schools- StringFlix School
Q: What is next on the roadmap for Harbr?
A: Harbr is continuing to deliver on its commitment to deploy data exchanges in any cloud. Within this quarter, Harbr will be able to deploy via the Secure SaaS architecture on AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.